Sunday, May 10

On Mother’s Day

Some of you enjoyed breakfast in bed this morning. Some of you are surrounded by fresh flowers (either store-bought, or the hand-picked-by-a-4-year-old variety, as pictured below). Some of you are smiling and hugging and laughing with the ones you love. May you breathe deeply the joy that is all around you today.

IMG_1365

But I’m sure some of you are having trouble hearing “Happy” and “Mother’s Day” in the same sentence. Some of you are wondering why life has turned out the way it has, desired children still unborn, or little ones—or your own mom—gone too soon. May you feel peace and comfort in remembering today. And if you know the Good Shepherd, may you rest in the hope that He brings!

To my momma, since I can’t call you today, just wanted to say again thank you. So much of who I am and what I do came straight from you. I love you and miss you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day dear cousin!

    Luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Karin. See you tomorrow at 10am! :) If you get this before tomorrow...email me some directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers' Day to you, too! Or Mother's. I could never figure out where to put the apostrophe, honestly. In the end I decided it was after the "s" so it would be a day commemorating Mothers, instead of just egotistical Me. Beautiful, sensitive post. We have white roses in our church on M-day to remember the lost children and any mom who has lost a child can take a rose home. Everyone remembers differently - and it was good of you to remember to remember.
    P.S. I didn't put a single pot/pan on the stove today! Tra la la!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, K! Been thinking of you. We need to plan another visit soon!

    J, so glad my visit with YOU is tomorrow. I assume you got the directions...

    L, I had never considered the apostrophe dilemma til you brought it up. Not sure if I'll be able to sleep now. But then again, I do like the conclusion you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great Mother's Day, mine was a quite one with the hubby and kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails