Thursday, September 17

AHG Kick-Off Cake

The second American Heritage Girls troop in our little town just got started…

IMG_1511

…and 64 girls plus their parents and leaders got to celebrate with cake at the end of our first official troop meeting this week.

IMG_1510

Eight pounds from the extra fondant stash gone, eight more to go…

* * *

P.S. I did NOT make these behemoths all by myself. A friend did most of the baking, then she and another joined me for the decorating. Yippee!

IMG_1496

3 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cakes! I'll learn to make fondant someday - maybe when my kids are in school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't just look fantastic, they were also TO DIE FOR delicious!!! At least, the chocolate one was...I didn't try the yellow one...thought it might be piggish to eat both...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, MaryAnne. But no point in waiting -- this stuff is really fun. To start off a little easier, don't try to cover the cake; rather adds shapes onto regular buttercream frosting, like the blue stars. Also, you can mold this stuff like playdoh, so your kids could even help you!

    Dee, Mo made the chocolate cakes - oh yes, were they good. Recipe is Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake. Yellow cake was just Betty Crocker mix... : ) I've tried 3 from-scratch recipes and they've all been disappointing so while I continue my search, mixes it is!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails