I haven’t posted since Halloween and now it’s already Thanksgiving here in the States. How did that happen?
Anyway, here’s a fun little snack we made with the kids a few years ago: tasty turkeys… that my kids didn’t complain about eating!
The above photo is the only one I could find. But they’re really simple to make. For each turkey you need:
- 2 double stuf oreos
- 5 candy corns
- 1 raisinet (or some other chocolate covered something)
So then to make your little turkeys:
- Twist/pull one cookie off one of the double stuf oreos so you expose the frosting. There’s your turkey’s body.
- Eat the cookie so you have the energy needed to finish.
- Stick the second oreo—standing on edge—into the frosting of the first oreo near the side.
- Stick the candy corns upsidedown into the top of the second oreo. There’s the tail.
- Stick the raisinet into the frosting in front of the tail. There’s the head.
And it’s done. Yum.